Batthyány Square – here you have the best view of the parliament. Great to take some good pictures from the other side of the river.
- Nearest Tube Station: Batthyány Square (M2 line)
How beautiful is this?
Kossuth Square – a square in front of the Hungarian Parliament.
- Nearest Tube Station: Kossuth tér (M2 line)
Hungarian Parliament – it’s a must visit!!! The parliament is so beautiful inside and out.
- Price: 2000 Ft for EU Citizens
- The tour is available in 7 languages: English, German, French, Russian, Hebrew, Italian and Spanish. I strongly advise you to book in advance if you choose the English tour as it’s the most popular.
- I booked my tickets by sending an email to the tourist office: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check Hungarian Parliament Website for more details.
Szabadság Square – 10 minutes walking from the Parliament
Gresham Palace – In front of Stephen’s Basilica, near the river, this palace is now a Four Seasons Hotel.
Stephen’s Basilica (Free Entry) – The Basilica is full of gold and silver objects inside. You can go to the top of the Basilica to enjoy the views, it is 96 meters high and the price is 500 Ft.
- Nearest Tube Station: Between Arany János utca (M3 line) andBajcsy-Zsilinszky út (M1 line), or 15 minutes walking from Szabadság Square or 20 minutes walking from Parliament.
- Opening Times: 9AM to 5PM
Opera House – Is worth a visit inside, it is considered the biggest cultural centre in the country. You can visit the website and book an Opera Concert if you like.
- Price: 2900 Ft. 10% Discount with Budapest Card
Andrássy útca – Connects the central area to the City Park. This avenue has many luxury stores, restaurants and hotels.
Check out my day 1 in Budapest: Budapest 3 days City Guide – Day 1 of 3
Check out my day 3 in Budapest: Budapest 3 days City Guide – Day 3 of 3
Do you want to use your card abroad with no extra fees? Why not try WeSwap